“Can you hear me now” was a nice catchphrase for cell phone advertisements, but it’s not something you want to say during an important meeting or presentation. Optimal meeting room audio requires a professional grade, flexible and scalable microphone solution, and the new Beamforming Mic Array 2 is up to the challenge.
Everything You Need to Know About the Beamforming Mic Array 2
- Beamforming technology is only getting better. Beamforming microphone technology is not new, but ClearOne’s application is. ClearOne was the first to adapt this technology to a conferencing environment with powerful echo cancellation. The second-generation beamforming mic array from ClearOne is a professional-grade microphone array that also provides adaptive steering, and noise cancellation.
- Beamforming mic arrays are flexible. The Beamforming Mic Array 2 has three mounting options—ceiling, wall and table. The sleek design fits discreetly in any conferencing environment, no matter how small.
- Beamforming mic arrays stay put, but you don’t have to. Do you like to pace? Or maybe you spend a lot of time writing on a whiteboard with your back to the other participants. The Beamforming Mic Array 2 can handle that. Adaptive steering technology—or smart beam selection—adapts the microphone’s beams in real-time, so coverage moves with the speaker and he or she is never out of the pickup pattern. No matter where you are in the room—or where you are in relation to the mic array—the audio quality remains the same.
- Beamforming mics provide an integrated audio experience. The Beamforming Mic Array 2 requires a ClearOne DSP mixer, but that is actually good news for you. Advanced professional audio DSP platforms, such as the CONVERGE Pro 2 provide an integrated audio experience, with native connections for the Beamforming Mic Array 2 as well as compatibility with conferencing applications such as Microsoft Skype for Business and VoIP/POTS conferencing.
- Beamforming mic arrays are scalable. If you are using a CONVERGE Pro 2 (CP2) unit, you don’t need to stop at just one beamforming array—the CP2 allows you to daisy chain up to three arrays per unit. And you get that increased capacity with zero-consumption of the analog inputs on your CONVERGE unit. You can also daisy chain the Beamforming Mic Array 2 with non-beamforming microphones, such as the DIALOG 20 wireless mic system.
- Ceiling mic arrays provide compatibility. While the Beamforming Mic Array 2 is not Dante compatible, the Ceiling Microphone Array Dante is. If Dante compatibility is a must for you, this microphone option will provide you with many of the same benefits as the beamforming mic array, including full 360-degree audio coverage, the ability to daisy chain multiple mics and easy integration with ClearOne and third party DSP mixers.
- Beamforming mic arrays help you simplify. The Beam Forming Mic Array 2 can replace as many as 12 traditional microphones that would otherwise be cluttering up your conference room table. In addition, the array only requires one cable for power, audio, and control—greatly simplifying installation.
- Beamforming mic arrays easily win over customers. The reviews for the new Beamforming Mic Array 2 are in. Here’s what people are saying.
- “The audio pickup with the Beamforming Microphone Array 2 is super clear,” says John Schappert of Adwar Video, who installed the Beamforming Mic Array 2 for Stony Brook University in Long Island, New York. “And for a large conference room, with the nature of presentations, with presenters walking around, the 24 microphone elements move the pickup to the participants and reject unwanted noise. These were precisely the issues the department wanted to correct.”
- “ClearOne had the most highly integrated product, it didn’t feel like we were having to over specify microphones to get the coverage we needed,” says Adam Fadhli of Dicover IT, who installed the Beamforming Mic Array 2 at the International Safety Training Council facility in Baytown, Texas. “It was an integrated, modular, clean approach and if a product is easy to install and configure, it reduces the risk of project failure.
- “The Beamforming Microphone Array was the deciding factor for the client - the echo cancellation is second-to-none, and partnered with Converge Pro it makes for a solid solution, especially when the clients don’t want to view technology on the table,” says Steve Loos of AV integrator Custom Media Environments, who recommended the Beamforming Mic Array 2 for Northwell Health’s new training and conference facility in Long Island, New York.
- Beamforming mic arrays sound best in action. Want to see—and hear—the Beamforming Mic Array 2 in a typical conferencing environment? Watch our demonstration video to evaluate what this patented array will sound like in your space.